CRY BABY

 

I attended Martha Vaught from the first grade through the 5th. Donna went there from the 1st through the 8th grade. I did the 6th grade at Charlotte Park elementary and Mark started first grade there. I failed the first grade at Martha Vaught because kindergarten wasn't a requirement in the 1950's. Being a momma's boy I would have benefited greatly from kindergarten. I went berserk when my mother dropped me off for the first day of class. I think I cried everyday for the first half of the year..My teacher couldn't handle my crying so she stuck in the cloak room everyday in the dark. I doubt teachers could get away with that today. As a result of being a cry baby I failed the first grade. Mother enrolled me in Summer school at David Lipscomb elementary where I did just fine under a sweet older teacher named Mrs. Glass. I passed and was able to move on to the second grade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

THE COLLAPSE OF THE WSM TOWER