MEDIA BIAS



 This is a media bias alert: The media is slobbering over the fact that Jason Collins of the NBA came out of the closet and announced that he is gay. Anytime I talk about issues involving personal morality I always like to issue a disclaimer. I am far far from being an icon of moral virtue. Lincoln said that men are like the moon. We all have our dark side that you cannot see until you get on the other side. Having said that God is not mocked, whatsoever a man soweth, so shall he reap, including me. Why is it so courageous for Collins to announce that he is gay? The media is going crazy over the fact that there is so little opposition among the media and the NBA. Maybe it is because the few that are voicing their legitimate opinions are being called homophobes and bigots. If you want to see real courage then let's see some high profile person come out and say what I am saying now.

  With the media that we have now I think Tim Tebow and other Christian athletes are much more courageous than Jason Collins. He is preaching to the choir. There are legitimate criticisms for Tim Tebow's athletic ability but if you said the things about a gay person that are said about the faith of Tim Tebow and other Christian athletes let's see how long you would keep your job. On top of that you would probably be arrested for a hate crime. I have even heard this man compared to Jackie Robinson. Really!!! If I were black I would be deeply offended at the attempt to hijack the real sacrifice of people like Robinson by the gay rights movement and the media. If a NBA player had come out of the closet in 1970 I might have agreed that it was courageous but not in 2013. I love gay people because God loves them. I don't care how you choose to have sex. You deserve no special rights because of your orientation. You can call me a bigot, a homophobe, and have me arrested but you will not silence me.

Jackie Robinson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST