ELIMINATING GUN FREE ZONES

   I heard "His Majesty King Barack the 1st" and I hope the last, on the news saying that these mass shootings have to stop. We all know what that means. More laws and executive orders that infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights rather than realistically dealing with the problem. I do agree with "His Excellency" on one thing. These shootings need to stop. I am a twenty year veteran of the Air Force Security Police. The Federal Government has spent thousands of tax dollars providing me with weapons training, combat training, law enforcement training and security training. I have had numerous security clearances and Top Secret background investigations that have enabled me to provide security for Presidents, Vice Presidents, Generals, V.I.P.'s, nuclear weapons, bombers, fighters, and aircraft of every description. I worked at NORAD in Cheyenne Mountain Colorado. As a civilian however, with a state gun carry permit, I cannot legally carry a weapon into a mall, a hospital, a school, a library, a military base, or any business that has a posted ban on weapons. My goal is not to impress people with my resume because there are many people with greater knowledge and experience than myself. 

 My point is there are millions of military veterans that should be allowed to help protect Americans from these terrorists, criminals and psycho's. As long as there are gun free zones you will continue to have these mass shootings. My proposal is for a Federal Agency like the Department of Homeland Security to issue Federal concealed carry permits to all veterans who can pass a thorough background check, drug testing, and mental evaluation. They would have the same right to carry as a typical law enforcement officer. This would virtually eliminate gun free zones which is at the heart of the problem. These veterans could also receive active shooter training on a periodic basis. Okay "Your Excellency" as one of your disloyal subjects, I am giving you an option that would go a long way toward stopping these shootings. That is if you can stop politicizing the issue long enough to actually solve the problem.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST