DAVID HOGG - MEDIA HOG


 I wonder how I could alter public opinion if I was the survivor of an active shooter situation and the mainstream media gave me a soapbox to say anything I wanted to about protecting our 2nd Amendment rights. Because I was a shooting "survivor" I could not be criticized. In addition I could criticize my parents, liberal anti-gun groups and those that oppose my point of view with a liberal use of profanity and the F bomb. I don't know David Hogg but I see a young skull full of mush being given way too much notoriety and power at the age of 17. If he is going to put his opinion out there in the marketplace of ideas he should expect criticism and should not be able to hide behind the Parkland school shooting tragedy. Why should his opinion be so sacrosanct? Why shouldn't Kyle Kashruv have the same soapbox?

 He is a 16 year old survivor of Parkland and guess what? The shooting did not affect his ability to reason. He is pro 2nd Amendment. Ronald Reagan and Republican Congressman Steve Scalise came as close to dying as anybody can after being wounded in a shooting. Both were shot by mentally ill men but they quickly affirmed their continuing support for the 2nd Amendment. James Brady, who was Reagan's Press secretary took a different approach to the 2nd Amendment. Since he suffered a severe brain injury and was severely incapacitated I have always wondered how much of his opposition to guns came from him or his wife. Either way I think that he earned a right to an opinion on the subject. If they want to change the minds of reasonable people the left better come up with someone better than David Hogg. 
Kyle Kashruv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST