JON GREGORY SEGROVES - BORN JUNE 24, 1974 - MURDERED AUGUST 24, 2021


 August 29-2021


 My son Jon passed away at 12:15 PM Eastern Standard Time on August 24, 2021 from complications of Covid in Vero Beach Florida where he had been living for about two months. He turned 47 on June 24, 2021. His wife Carrie also has the disease and we are praying for her complete recovery. As of today she appears to be recovering but with this disease we can only keep our trust in God to heal her. I always said that losing my parents was the worst day of my life but losing a child is worse. My wife and I have holes in our hearts that can never be repaired. 

 I think it was around Tuesday 8-17-21 that I learned that Jon had Covid. About Thursday or Friday I called to check on him and he sounded like he had a stuffy nose but he told me that he was feeling better. He said that the previous days had been rough because he had been super tired, achy and running a fever. I told him to keep a close eye on things and if he started getting short of breath he needed to get to the hospital as quickly as possible. I told him that I loved him as we said goodbye. This, as it turned out, was the last time that I would speak with my son. On Sunday I called to check on him again. His wife Carrie answered the phone and she said that he was not doing well. She said that he had a headache and he had a weird pain in his eyes. Carrie had also tested positive for Covid. 

 On Monday morning 8-23, very early, I got a call from Carrie saying that she was taking Jon to the ER because he was very short of breath. I told her to keep us posted because my wife Debbie was having a colonoscopy that morning. Later that afternoon, when I was taking Debbie home from the hospital, Carrie called back crying and she said that Jon wasn't doing good and they were putting him on a ventilator. Although some people have survived being put on a ventilator, I have been told that your prospects for survival diminish after being put on them. I said oh God no when she told me that and I told Debbie to get packed because we were leaving for Florida in the morning bright and early. 

 After we arrived home I received a call from my oldest son Rob that Carrie had called his wife Lisa and told her that they were doing CPR on Jon. I called Carrie and she said that they were able to get his heart started again but he would probably go into cardiac arrest again and they were asking if she wanted to revive him. I told her that yes we wanted him to be resuscitated. Debbie and I were not ready to give up on him and Carrie wasn't either. The doctor told her that Jon would not last through the night. I told Deb that we were changing plans. We would get packed and leave that night. After calling my daughter Misty she said that she wanted to go with us. At that point we didn't know if we would even get there before he died. 

 As I rushed around the house collecting clothes and items for the trip my mind was in a whirl. I was numb throughout the process and most of the way to Florida. Everything was moving so quickly that it bothered me because I wasn't feeling grief, or anything else at that moment. I just didn't have time to mentally and emotionally process what was happening to my son. 

 We arrived at Yee Haw Junction just off the Florida Turnpike at about 8:00 AM Tuesday morning after driving all night. My daughter Misty helped with the driving. As we were riding down State Route 60 Carrie called and she said that he didn't have long. We asked her to put the phone on speaker and put it up to his ear so we could talk to him. It was soon after that call that the reality of the whole thing hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to pull over to the side of the road because I was having an emotional meltdown. 

  Upon arrival we were led by hospital staff up to the ICU unit. The head nurse there got us up to speed on what was happening with Jon at that moment. She said that Covid was the least of his problems. When he entered the ER his vital signs were showing that he was having a heart attack. She said that he was in two different kinds of coronary shock and his vital organs, such as the heart, liver and kidneys were all shutting down. The virus had attacked his heart and she believed that Jon had an underlying heart condition that he was not aware of. As far as I knew all Jon had wrong with him was high blood pressure and he was on medication for that. Without an autopsy we will never know what actually happened. All I know is that Jon did not last long after we arrived. 

The terrible thing is that less than an hour before Jon died his wife Carrie was forced to leave the hospital. She had been with him all night but apparently no one thought to ask Carrie if she had Covid. She was wearing a mask and had even been in the room with him. Carrie had gone home to rest and early in the morning, around 3:00 AM on 8-24, a nurse called to tell her that she had better return because Jon's condition had grown worse. When the head nurse that was briefing us found out she had Covid she became agitated and made Carrie leave, which I thought at that point was ridiculous. She was trying to maintain her distance from everyone and they should have allowed her to be with John at least until he passed. 

 The nurse told us that we would not be allowed to be with him when he died but we could watch through the glass doors. She said that they would make sure he wouldn't die alone. We all gathered outside his room. My wife Debbie and myself were there, along with my son Rob, his wife Lisa, my daughter Misty, my brother Mark and his wife Kay. We could see the head nurse, and one other nurse, each holding a hand while they began taking him off of the medications that were keeping him alive. A Catholic priest suited up to bestow final blessings on him. We are not Catholic but the protestant chaplain was out with Covid. We were secure in the knowledge that Jon was a Christian so it didn't matter to us whether the man was Catholic or Protestant. 

They finally withdrew all life support medication but Jon was still holding on. I saw his eyes open for a brief moment but they were lifeless. Someone told me that this was not unusual. The head nurse walked out and told us that sometime a persons loved ones need to tell them that it is okay to leave. This is what happened when Debbie's brother Ronnie died in 1995 at almost the same age as Jon. Ronnie was only a year older than Jon. Debbie, Misty and myself suited up to do this unpleasant task. 

 I held Jon's left hand and I will never forget how cold it was. Debbie and Misty were holding his right hand while we leaned in close to talk to him. I can't remember anything that anyone else said but I told him that my mother and Debbie's mother would meet him in heaven and that they couldn't wait to see him. Overcome with emotion I had to leave the room and had another emotional breakdown outside. After composing myself somewhat I watched as he finally passed and I saw Debbie and Misty lose it at that moment. I looked at the clock and it was 12:15 PM Florida time. 

I always thought that I might one day lose a child to cancer, heart disease, or in a car wreck or some other kind of accident but never to a virus. When these dark thoughts entered my head I tried to quickly push them out. The thought of losing a child is just too horrible to contemplate. After losing my parents the way I did, I always hoped that I wouldn't have to deal with grief again on that scale. Grief is no fun and I will never get that image out of my brain of my child lying dead on that hospital gurney and the way he looked and felt to the touch. 

 I was not the greatest father in the world. If I had to give myself a rating I was a good one but not a great one. Not like my dad or my oldest son Rob. I will always regret not spending more time with my children when they were small. I have good memories of the quality time that we did spend together but those times were far too few in my view. I spent a lot of time with Jon as I took him back and forth to the doctor when he was being treated for a rare bladder condition. We went to a Godzilla movie together that he wanted to see, and he went with me to hunt Civil War relics. I went with him on a church field trip to Cumberland Caverns for a weekend but beyond that I can't remember spending that much quality time with him. My father taught me how to play baseball and I passed the fundamentals on to Jon. When Jon was just a toddler he would crack me up when I would tell him to choke up on the bat. Not understanding what I meant he would start coughing. 

 Yet Jon always acted like he was crazy about me in spite of my shortcomings and I know that I was crazy about him. I will never forget how happy I was when he was born. The song Having My Baby was playing on the radio as I was driving to the hospital the day after he was born. That song has always had a special place in my heart. As with all of my children we have become a lot closer in their adult years. Probably even closer than when they were children. Jon and I had deep theological discussions together and he was also asking me for my opinion on current affairs and wanting me to decipher certain issues or events that were in the news. When he was suffering with anxiety I feel like I was a great help to him because he leaned on my own experience with anxiety. Until the woke craziness started in the NFL, where players were disrespecting America by taking a knee during the National Anthem, we shared a love for the Tennessee Titans. I stopped watching their games but Jon's love of football wouldn't allow him to give up on them like I did. During the Music City Miracle I will never forget how he jumped into my lap, hugging my neck, giddy with excitement when the Titan's scored the winning touchdown over Buffalo.
Jon being held by Debbie on June 25, 1974

Judy Helms and Jon, probably Christmas Eve 1974



Jon playing tee ball in Smyrna Tennessee





Jon with his best friend Heather

Jon at Hurlburt Field Florida 1988


Our 50th wedding anniversary




 Maybe this is something that I shouldn't bring up here but I am not only grieving today but I am angry. If what I am going to say offends you I would suggest that you stop reading now. In my view the Communist Party USA, aka the Democrat party, big tech, and many, if not most in the medical profession, have blood on their hands with this disease and how they have handled it. First of all they have covered for the crimes of Chinese Communist party. In my view this disease came from a lab in Wuhan China. There were only two ways that Covid could have escaped from that lab. Either by accident or on purpose. If it was an accident it was nothing but gross negligence and if it was on purpose the Chinese committed an act of war. Either way they wont be held to account. I tend to believe that it was a bio attack on the U.S. because of the timing. If it had happened during Obama's term or even a year into Trump's term I might give them the benefit of the doubt but it happened in an election year with a roaring economy. They knew that they had to destroy Trumps economy in order to get him out of office and it gave the Communist Party USA the opportunity to steal an election through paper ballots and other means. In addition this is all part of the "Great Reset". 

 When Trump began Operation Warp Speed to come up with a vaccine the Communist Party USA, including Traitor Joe Biden, and Calamity Harris, said that they wouldn't take a vaccine that Trump had anything to do with. When it was Trump's vaccine it was taboo. After the Communists stole the election all of a sudden everyone had to have it. Traitor Joe and the Communists even took credit for Trump's accomplishment. Everything that the Communists have said about the virus has been a lie. The vaccine will not stop the spread of Covid and they tell you to get the shot in order to stop the spread. They tell you to wear masks that are virtually useless and are actually more unhealthy to wear than not to wear them. Even Fauci said this back in March 2020. As far as I know this is the only thing that he has ever said that is true. In my view Fauci has just as much blood on his hands as the Communist Party USA, aka the Democrat Party, and the Chinese Communist Party. It has been proven that Fauci has been funding "Gain of Function" research which created this virus from hell. In my view all of the people responsible will burn in hell along with this disease on the last day when the evil are thrown into the lake of fire. 

 They want us to wear masks that they refuse to wear themselves when they think nobody is looking. Like Obama's 60th birthday party or a Nancy Pelosi get together, or when she is needing a haircut. There is no consistency. If you are a Communist protestor, or rioter, belonging to such groups as Antifa or Black Lives Matter burning down cities and killing people, then you don't need a mask. If you are one of the two million illegal aliens that have flooded into the U.S. since Biden has been president you don't need a shot, test, or a mask.  If you are at a peaceful Trump event, however; or at a Sturgis motorcycle rally, you are attending a super spreader event and you are nothing but a selfish pig that is only thinking of yourself. 

  My son and I talked many times about the vaccine. If I remember right he was surprised that I took it. I totally respected my sons decision not to do it and he respected my decision to be vaccinated. I will not second guess him on that. My son, like myself, cherished his freedom because he was a patriot. If he did have a heart condition, who knows, the shot might have killed him. The Communists destroy everything they touch and they are well on their way to destroying this country. Why should we trust anything that they say? They are wrong 99% of the time.

 We are treated by the Communists as if we are the enemy when they are the real enemy. Their goal, like the devil, is to kill, steal, and destroy. John 10:10, New International Version says the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. Like the devil they project their crimes and sins on to us. Revelation 12:10 - And I heard a loud voice saying in Heaven, “Now have come salvation and strength, and the Kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ; for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night. Every crime that Donald Trump has supposedly committed Joe Biden is guilty of. Trump voters are singled out as insurrectionists and white supremacists while the real insurrectionists, BLM and Antifa are protected by the Communist Party USA. They want to make regular Americans of every race and creed to feel like strangers in their own country.
 
 Finally, we are always hearing the Communists preaching to us about following the science. They never follow the science on abortion. Communists refuse to acknowledge that they are destroying a life during the abortion process. The ultrasound threw a monkey wrench into their logic. Also, science says that if you are born with a penis you are a boy and if you are born with a vagina you are a girl. Scientific and logical people look between a persons legs to determine their sex. Communists look between a persons ears. The thing that I learned about science is that you never stop questioning. You are supposed to think outside of the box. 

 If you tell me that the science is settled about climate change, whether or not we need to be vaccinated, or wear a mask to prevent the spread of Covid that tells me you are not a scientist. Everything should be open to debate. The Communists are killing people because they refuse to treat the disease by putting everything on the table. Such as providing Monoclonal antibody treatment sites, the drug ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, or vitamin therapies. Most medical facilities test you for Covid and if you are positive send you home rather than trying these preemptive treatments. By the time you find yourself gasping for breath it might be too late, like my son.

 So yes I am angry. I determined a long time ago that Covid could live it's life the way it wants to and I will live mine the way I want to. This disease is not going away and everyone has had a chance to get the shot. If you have been vaccinated, and have so much faith in it, why do you care if someone like my son refuses to get it. There are worse things than death. I am terrified of this disease and the last thing that I want to do is die from it or even contract it. Like Patrick Henry, however; I prefer death over tyranny. I refuse to play the governments silly games. I call the Democrats Communists because words have power. Communists have predicted that America would be conquered by changing the language. The American people have always rejected the Communists when they were called Communists or Marxists. These words are too harsh. So they use terms like progressive, liberal and democracy in reference to themselves and we accommodate their word trickery. I refuse to fall into that trap. To me they are Communists and I am for telling the truth. John 8:31-32 says So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”



Jon at school

Vero Beach Florida

Bubba Travis & Jon





Comments

  1. we must be related then! i'm jacob segroves from nashville tn my birthday, oddly is august 24.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST