I DO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT BIRTHIN BABIES

  I know that I am going to open up a hornets nest but here goes nothing. My name is not Prissy. Remember the girl in Gone With The Wind. " I don't know nothin about birthin no babies" . Contrary to popular belief I know a little bit about the process. I was with my wife when she was in labor and gave birth to four babies. Due to a doctor's incompetence I was also with her when she lost one. I get it. Having a baby is very painful and the whole process of carrying a baby is uncomfortable. I walked two miles each week to get my wife the banana splits she was craving while carrying my oldest boy. This is when we didn't have a car when I was stationed in Oregon. I was also with her when she was bedridden for months in Colorado Springs while carrying my oldest daughter. My wife is a trooper. I never heard her scream out in pain like you see in the movies but she did nearly twist my arm off a few times during contractions. Counting my oldest granddaughter we raised five children together. I did everything in my power to put bread on the table and clothes on their back. In addition I have gone without sleep, hitched rides, driven many miles, ran to work, and have walked long miles in order to keep a job. The working conditions on some of those jobs were not only terrible but unsafe and the hours were long. I spent many an hour, along with my wife, taking them to ball practice, sitting on bleachers watching their ball games, attending events, birthday parties, taking them skating, bowling and on vacations. Millions of men in America can tell you a similar story when it comes to raising their children.

 No, God didn't equip me to have a child. That wasn't my decision. Being able to have a child does not make a woman a mother and it doesn't make her a saint. A man having his fun and providing the sperm doesn't make a man a father either. Women can be the incubators and a men can be sperm donors. Big deal. Character makes someone a mother and a father. You earn that label. I am not talking about every woman but I am sick to death of being told by some feminist that abortion is none of my business because I am a man and I can't relate to a woman's situation. It doesn't matter to the feminists that the opinion of seven men on the Supreme Court made abortion legal in 1973. If men have no moral right to voice an opinion on abortion then you should have waited until the Supreme court was dominated by women. Your hysterectomy, mastectomy, birth control method, having a wart removed, or how you got pregnant is none of my business. Killing your baby is my business. Murder is my business and it should be the business of everyone.

 There was no ultrasound in 1973. The ultrasound has totally destroyed the pro-choice argument on the issue of abortion. You can kill your baby all the way up until the moment of birth but if I tried to intervene by killing the doctor I would be arrested. If I stopped you from killing your new baby while you were sitting on a park bench I would be considered a hero. I am sorry but there is something very illogical here. If you want to sit on your sanctimonious high horse and look down on me because I am a man then go ahead, I don't care. Your argument is irrelevant and makes no sense. Three of my grandchildren are blessing this world today in spite of the doctor's that wanted to abort them. If you don't want my opinion I don't care. You will get it anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST