MY FAREWELL ADDRESS

  I predicted Donald Trumps victory early into his  campaign although I wasn't a Trump supporter at that time. Even before Trump I felt that 2016 was the year of the outsider for the Republican Party. Someone like Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, or Ben Carson. It wasn't going to be an insider like Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, or Lindsey Graham. Marco Rubio might actually have had the best chance, in the outsider group, if he had not supported amnesty for illegals. People would ask me what I thought of Hillary's chances and I would tell them that she was a screw up and had always been a screw up. She was the absolute worst candidate that the Democrats could have nominated. Hillary was not Bill Clinton and she was only in that position because she had married him in the first place. Ironically Hillary might have won this election if she had followed his advice. In the eleventh hour she rejected the advice of the very man that ushered her to the pinnacle of political power. To borrow one of her own infamous words, she was deplorable to far too many people. Because of her character flaws and personal corruption she was deplorable to many in her own Party.

 Even though the demographics of America are quickly changing I believed that there were still enough conservative, angry, bitter Americans like myself out there who proudly cling to their guns and religion. We were just begging for the right candidate to come along and lead us to victory, Trump wasn't the greatest conservative choice but he tapped into the average American's anger and frustration with politics as usual. If Trump had been a little more eloquent and had been able project a Reaganesque vision of America, it is my belief that he would have not only won a landslide in the electoral college but in the popular vote as well. We cannot discount the impact of the lamestream media and the many lies they told on Trump. Such as the fake news story that he had made fun of a physically challenged reporter, which he had not. I had my moments of doubt, however. It seemed that Trump was his own worst enemy. I was scared that his mouth was going to screw up his chances to beat a really bad candidate in Hillary Clinton. It was my belief, and I still believe, that we had reached a vital crossroads for America. If we went down the Hillary road we would have passed a point of no return for this country.

 The Trump road would either be a stay of execution, or hopefully a step in the right direction for America's eventual recovery. I am going to accept on faith that it is a step in the right direction. Although I wanted to believe in my original hunch that Trump would win, I wanted to be prepared for the worst possible outcome. This is why I wrote a farewell letter to my Facebook friends. My intent was to withdraw my tacit consent from our government as far as it was possible and to be prepared to defend my freedom if I heard the jackbooted knock on my door. I swore that I would never vote again. Luckily, I never had to post that letter. In the last two months before the election I was so nervous about outcome that I no longer watched the news and I refused to watch election night results until my nephew called to let me know that Trumps election appeared to be in the bag. My nerves just couldn't take it anymore. My love of country is just too great. Now that Trump will be inaugurated in a few days I am writing a different kind of farewell letter. Obama gave his "Farewell Address" the other day. Which was his usual distortion of the facts and history, along with an unbelievable hubris on his part. The following is my farewell address.

  I am saying farewell to the heavy dark cloud of gloom that has hung over this country for the last eight years. Farewell to the most destructive foreign policy in American history. Farewell to the shame of watching Russian planes buzzing our ships with impunity, Farewell to China giving us the finger in the South China sea and Iran blatantly capturing and mistreating our sailors. It also gives me great pleasure to finally say farewell to ISIS. A group of the most evil people on earth that could have easily been eliminated within a month with our military power. Farewell to a policy of disrespect and mistreatment to Israel, our greatest ally in the Middle East. Farewell to the gradual weakening of our military. Farewell to a Commander-in Chief not worthy of our military. Farewell to illegal immigration and to the drain on our economy. Farewell to the economic and civil enslavement of our people caused by Obamacare and the anchor weight holding down our economy. Farewell to unnecessary business regulations that suppress entrepreneurship in America. Farewell to year after year of anemic economic growth, chronic unemployment, underemployment,  job loss, and high taxes. Farewell to ridiculous energy policies. Farewell to political correctness which is literally causing the deaths of thousands of Americans. Farewell to a long line of political scandals, corruption and cover-up ignored by the lamestream media. Farewell to Obama's pen and phone.

 I know that I am probably forgetting something but most of all I say farewell to the angriest Black man in America. Farewell to a man who sends government representatives to the funerals of thugs but avoids the funeral of real American heroes like the plague. Farewell to a man who finds the game of golf more important than dealing with national tragedy and crisis. A man who hated America so much that his hatred divided it along lines of race, gender, and economic class. A man that constantly felt the need to remind us of where we have been rather than to acknowledge how far we have come and the real promise of America. A country that has evolved to the point that it could actually put the color line behind it and vote for a Black president. A man that as a Black man had the moral authority to appeal to the better angels of our nature but instead constantly rubbed salt in old wounds. I will say farewell to a man that feels the need to constantly apologize for the greatest country in the world. A country that has not been a curse but a blessing to the world. If we were such a blight on the world people would not be risking everything, including their very lives, to come here. I will end this farewell with a quotation from the greatest president of my lifetime. "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to the children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children, and our children's children, what it was once like in the United States when men were free". 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST