WHAT WOULD YOU THINK?

  I was watching a couple of episodes of ABC's show What Would You Do? hosted by John Quiñones. In one episode an attractive Middle Eastern woman, who was an actor dressed in western attire, was having trouble changing a tire on a city street by a busy sidewalk. Many men stopped to offer the woman assistance. The same woman dressed in a Muslim hi jab was ignored by many men as they walked by. There were, however; quite a few men that stopped to help. In another episode a Muslim woman tried to order pastries in a bakery from a bigoted clerk who was also an actor. The clerk was refusing the woman service and shouting insults at the woman about her appearance and her Muslim faith. He was saying she was not an American. Far too many people did not get involved or they overtly supported the actions of the clerk. Many of the customers, however; openly supported the Muslim woman and berated the clerk. The show asks the question, "What would you do"? I know myself well enough to know that I would have helped the woman in both scenarios change the tire and I would have come to her defense in the bakery.

  My parents instilled courtesy and respect in me for all people when I was growing up and Jesus taught us to love the sinner but hate the sin. The Bible teaches us to help everyone regardless of what we might think of them. The story of the Good Samaritan is a prime example. Jesus established a relationship with everyone he met and did not condemn anyone except for hypocrites. He did not hesitate to condemn the hypocritical behavior of the Pharisees and Sadducee's. Although he did not condemn the sinner he was not accepting of their sin. When he met the Samaritan woman at the well he established a rapport with her and showed her the way to salvation. Just the fact that he even spoke to her was unprecedented because Jews did not associate with Samaritans. Jesus, however; did not condone her sin of having had five husbands and the fact that she was living with a man out of wedlock. Nor did he condone the sin of the adulterous woman who was about to be stoned. Her life was spared because of his mercy and intercession. After her life was spared he admonished the woman to go and sin no more. Finally, he does not condone my sin and it is up to me to go and sin no more.

  I have beliefs that are pretty much set in stone. The Muslim religion is straight out of the pits of hell in  my opinion. It is dangerous and we should be constantly on guard against those who might become radicalized. Until there is reason to believe otherwise we should treat everyone with love and respect regardless of how they believe or how they look however. I would never mistreat a Muslim, a Jehovah's Witness, a Mormon, Buddhist, a Satan worshiper, or any other member of a religion that I disagree with. Nor would I mistreat a homosexual, or transsexual, Although I do not like piercings and tattoo's, I would never mistreat a person that has them. I have violent disagreements with Democrats but I try to treat them with courtesy and respect. Unfortunately the left seems to imply that it does not matter how well that we treat people that we disagree with. We must not only accept the sinner but the sin, or the falsehood if you will. To them the great sin is not only how you act but how you think. A more proper name for the show should be "What Would You Think"? This is why we will never be able to reach any real accommodation with the left and why we should not even try. Our goal should be to please God and not man.   

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST