GROWING UP AT SEGROVES PHARMACY


Around 1949 my father began operating drugstores in North Nashville. He had a store at 17th and Charlotte, 12th and Jefferson, and at 9th and Cheatham. The latter two stores were named Segroves-Kelly Drugstores. Daddy was in partnership with an army buddy named Milton Kelly. Because daddy was a small business owner I virtually grew up, along with my brother Mark and my sister Donna in our store at 17th and Charlotte. I spent as much time there as I did at home. My father operated the Charlotte store until his death in 1963. The 9th and Cheatham location was sold in the mid 1950's. Sorry Mark I couldn't find a picture of you at the store.




Daddy's assistant Dr. Nall



Mother, me and Donna


















Daddy with a Nashville Detective








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST